Fundamentals of Web Design in Southwest Florida
Let’s start with this question, “What is web design?” Much same with the concept of design, web design is a similar process of creating something, but the intention is to present the design through electronic web pages, in which end users can access it through the internet with the help of a web browser through an electronic device such as a laptop, smartphone or a computer.
Web design originated sometime in 1989 during the birth of the World Wide Web. At first, text-only pages could only be viewed using a simple line-mode browser. Until such time, some graphic designers incorporated different languages and designs and made complex systems to develop HTML that promoted a more complex layout for web design. It was such a time that different processes were developed and made web design a new thing. Looking back on how simple it was, we couldn’t fathom how fast it evolved and improved.
Now that know what web design is and when it started, we would like to talk about the fundamentals. What are the fundamentals or elements of web design?
- Layout: Layout is the way the graphics, ads, and text are arranged. In the web world, a key goal is to help the user find the information they are looking for at a glance. This includes maintaining the balance, consistency, and integrity of the design. This usually answers the question “How does my website look?”
- Color: The choice of colors depends on the purpose and who your users are. It could be simple black-and-white to multi-colored design, passing on the personality of a person or the brand of an organization, using colors that are more pleasing to the eyes.
- Graphics: Graphics can include logos, photos, clipart or icons, all of which augment the design of your website. For user-friendliness, these need to be placed appropriately, working with the color and content of the web page, while not making it too jam-packed or slow to load. Web designers usually hire a separate graphic designer to make sure all of the criteria are met. You can read here as to why graphic design is important for your business.
- Fonts: The use of various fonts can improve a website design. Most web browsers can only read a select number of fonts, known as “web-safe fonts”, so your designer will generally work within this widely accepted group, making it easy to read and pleasing.
- Content: Content and design can work together to enhance the message of the site through visuals and text. Written text should always be relevant and useful, so as not to confuse the reader and to give them what they want so they will remain on the site. Content should be optimized for search engines and be of a suitable length, incorporating relevant keywords to make your website popular.
So, we have now discussed the fundamentals of web design in Southwest Florida. We hope these elements are useful to you. If you are looking to hire a web designer in Southwest Florida, Digital Marketing Concepts is here to help. They have an extensive knowledge of Web Design that can help you with your web design needs in Southwest Florida. We serve the following areas: Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples, Fort Lauderdale and Miami, Florida.