As more people are beginning to use mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets for everyday business tasks that were done on a desktop, one thing has become clear: mobile is taking over internet surfing. It’s everything from browsing social media, using apps, checking emails and doing online shopping. It’s extremely important that your business website is now mobile-friendly and has a responsive web design in Fort Myers, Florida.
Responsive web design simply means a website that has been created so that all of the content, images, and structure of the website remains the same on any device. For example, when a user accesses a website on their desktop, they are getting the full view of the website. But when that same user goes to visit the website from their smartphone or tablet, the website will retract to fit on the smaller screen.
With a responsive website design in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, Florida, you don’t have to have worry about having different websites for various devices or making sure that your site runs properly on a mobile device.
There are some other really important reasons why you should make the switch to responsive design for your business website:
- Take a step into the outside world and you’ll notice a lot of people on their mobile phones. It seems that just about everyone is attached to the hip with their smartphone. However, there are many businesses who have not yet picked up on this trend and are missing out on making the experience easier for their users.
- Google claims that it prefers responsive web design as the recommended mobile configuration. But why does Google prefer responsive design? For starters, it’s more efficient for Google to crawl the site and then index and organize all the content that is online.
- Also, when there is just one website and URL, it’s much easier for users to share, engage and interact with the content on that site as compared to a site that has different pages for mobile and desktop users.
- Besides all of the search benefits, as well as making users happy, responsive design has the ability to increase those coveted conversion rates from all of the mobile users in the world. Why? If a website is not working on a mobile or tablet device, users will be unable to convert.
- Social media has gone mobile
- We’re guessing that you’re involved with inbound marketing. But even if you’re not, you still realize how important blogging and social media are in the digital age. If you have not implemented a social media strategy in your marketing campaign, you’re missing out on a lot of leads. But, social media has also now gone mobile and more people have social media at their fingertips.
- We’ve briefly touched on this before, but a responsive design gives users a better experience. For example, users don’t have to play around with zooming and shrinking the text or images on the screen. Instead, all of the content automatically adjusts to the screen of the device. This makes it easier and more convenient for users to read and navigate on your site.
- Looking at SEO, if you have separate desktop and mobile websites, you’re going to have to run separate SEO campaigns for each. Wouldn’t it just be easier with only one SEO campaign and one website? Having a single website would make your customers happier but more importantly responsive design is more cost effective as well.
- In the business world, you have to stay ahead of the competition. So, if more and more users are using their mobile devices to search and make purchases online, you have to cater to that audience by having a mobile-friendly website. Some of your competitors may not be making use of responsive designs, which means that they are losing out on potential customers. And, that is where you can stay ahead and take those customers away or at least compete with those who have already implemented responsive websites.
Want to get ahead? Want to get better results from your website and switch to a responsive design for your business? Contact Digital Marketing Concepts for a free consultation and discover how we can help evolve your digital strategy.