Why isn't my Website Ranking?
Attaining the top spots of the search engine results pages can improve your company’s publicity, establish you as a leader in the industry, and deliver the kind of ROI you want to see for the next coming months or years. You have researched, tried your best, and followed all the protocols necessary. So why isn’t your website ranking at the top yet?
That’s the million-dollar question that every company has asked itself at one point or another. Unfortunately, there isn’t a million-dollar answer to this question. Your website might be struggling to reach the top for a number of reasons. So, if it feels like you’ve been at it for a long time without getting the best results, consider these possibilities:
- Give it time – you have to remember that SEO is not an overnight process. It always takes time to research, develop, create, and implement different strategies and content to your website. Also, Google takes a lot of time to analyze and realize the changes you have made to your website. Google is running different protocols to make your website discoverable and searchable. SEO needs a lot of patience. It’s hard but you must have patience.
- Don’t forget your content – you must have paid a lot for your design, but have you paid attention to your content? You have to consider the following for content writing:
- Duplicate content – maybe you copied your content somewhere? Remember, be original.
- Insufficient content – it would be ideal to have a minimum of 500 words for your landing pages. The reason for this is that you can provide enough information for your products and help persuade the reader. Another reason is that you can have enough keywords to insert in your article that could help increase your traffic. Try it!
- Confusing navigation – you have to check the flow of your links. Maybe your website is not user-friendly. This can make your users confused.
- Avoid keyword stuffing – Keyword stuffing might have a good short-term effect on your website but now, it’s considered a black-hat trick. You can get penalized by Google if they catch you stuffing your keywords! Focus on effective keywords such as using Google’s keyword planner.
- Incomplete basics, such as meta tags, alt tags, and schema markup – you should research further on how to make an effective title, meta tags, and schema.
- No blog or another way to continually refresh your content – it’s helpful to refresh your content from time to time. Blogs can help. You can create blogs linked to your website so that it can also improve your backlinks.
- Pay attention to your Competitors – your competitors might do better than you that’s why always search for new techniques for your website to rank. Try to find out what your competitors are doing that you might not be doing. Keep your options open and always think that it isn’t your versus Google. It’s you against your competitors.
If you are looking to hire a trusted SEO consultant in Southwest Florida, Digital Marketing Concepts is here to help. We have an extensive knowledge of Search Engine Optimization that can help you with your SEO needs in Southwest Florida particularly in Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Naples, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami.